Exploding Vape A Source of Concern after Recent Accident
An Idaho man has suffered serious injuries to his face and mouth after the explosion of an e-cigarette. It is not the first incident of this manner to be reported after e-cigarettes exploded.
– The accident happened while Andrew was in the bathroom with the device shattering into pieces while in his mouth.
– The e-cigarette knocked out several teeth in the mouth and left him with second degree burns to the cheeks.
– Batteries used in the e-cigarettes are widely blamed for the vape pen explosions reported by users.
‘I’ve lost at least 7 teeth, 2nd degree burns to face and neck and have been pulling chunks of plastic, teeth and foreign objects from mouth, throat and lips,’ he told Facebook friends.
Read the full story here
Matthew Houlton BDS(Sheffield) MFGDP(UK)
I’m Matthew Houlton, principal dentist and practice owner of Manor House Dental Practice.
Qualified from Sheffield dental hospital in 1993.
Post graduate training with Paul Tipton (Specialist Prosthodontist) from 2005-2007.
Diploma for Membership of the Faculty of General Dental Practice (UK) 2007.
Special interest in Orthodontics.
Yorkshire Deanary Fixed Appliance Training Scheme 2002-2004.
I have worked at York Hospital’s orthodontic department one session a week since 2009.
Member of the British Society of Occlusal Studies (the study of temporomandibular disorder).
I have two children, who keep me busy when I am not at the practice. I take a keen interest in and teach Aikido, a martial art, to keep a healthy mind and body.