Our Mission Statement
We want you to feel important and cared for from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave. We aim to provide you with exceptional care in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere ensuring your visit is as comfortable as possible.
Our commitment to you
- To listen and respond to your need and provide you with the highest standards of care.
- To give you peace of mind by following strict hygiene procedures.
- To involve you in all decision making, giving you a written treatment plan and estimate.
- To ensure all staff undergo continual professional development to meet current guidelines.
- To be punctual and allow sufficient time for treatments.
- To help you feel confident about your smile for life.
What we request from you
- To attend for appointments on time, giving 48 hours notice of cancellation.
- To pay for treatment as it is provided.
- To attend regularly and listen to the professional advice given.
- To raise any concerns with the practice so we can resolve them.
We adhere to the General Dental Council‘s guidance, Standards for Dental Professionals, and we ensure that we adhere to all relevant health and safety guidelines. We are also CQC registered and the report can be found on the CQC website. We are also a registered BDA Good Practice.
To provide proper and safe dental care, we may need to disclose personal information about you. Where possible, you will be informed of these requests for disclosure. Disclosure will take place on a ‘need-to-know’ basis. We will only provide information to individuals or organisations who need it to provide care to you or to ensure the proper administration of government (whose personnel are covered by strict confidentiality rules). We will only disclose information that the recipient needs to have.
Suggestions, Feedback or Complaints
It is the aim of this practice to provide a friendly and professional service. With this in mind we welcome any comments you may wish to share.
There is also an informal, confidential, in-house procedure to deal with any problems or concerns you may have. If you require further details, please contact reception for an advice leaflet, or write to us.
To give us feedback, make a suggestion or an in-house complaint, you can either:
- e-mail us at: email@example.com
- Write to: Dr Matthew Houlton, 12 Boroughbridge Road, York. YO26 5RU.
- We also have a suggestion box in the waiting room at the practice.
However this does not affect your right to complain to the Dental Complaints Service, if you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us or you are dissatisfied with the result of our investigation. If you would like further advice you should contact:
Dental Complaints Service
2 Cherry Orchard Road
Other Contact Information
You may also like to contact The General Dental Council for more advice:
The General Dental Council
37 Wimpole Street
For those patients registered with this practice with Denplan, contact Denplan by telephone for advice:
Tel. 0800 169 7220
Care Quality Commission Health and Social Care Act 2008
Our details as registered with the Care Quality Commission:
Manor House Dental Practice
Certificate No. 1-187645262
Provider ID. 1-153012393
Please feel free to read our CQC Report: